Delight after Alan Partridge film Alpha Papa premieres in Norwich
Hilarious, fantastic and stunning were just some of the words used by fans of fictional radio presenter Alan Partridge following the world premiere of his film today.
Alpha Papa which was shot in Norwich, Cromer and Sheringham, was shown at Hollywood Cinema in Anglia Square, Norwich, just after 1pm.
Actor Steve Coogan, spoke to the dozens of people in the cinema audience as the love him or loathe him character who is a presenter on the fictional North Norfolk Digital radio station.
Before the film, former Norwich City player Darren Eadie said the atmosphere outside the premiere was fantastic.
Another former Norwich City player, Iwan Roberts, said: 'Alan Partridge brings a bit of exposure to Norwich. It is good for a city like Norwich to be putting on an event like this.'
You may also want to watch:
Norwich sheriff Graham Creelman said: 'The film is fantastic for Norfolk and it shows that Norfolk has got over being offended. I thought it was very funny.'
For a full report on the premiere see tomorrow's paper.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'