Deep South festival comes to Euston Hall this weekend
- Credit: Archant
The sounds and smells of the Deep South will be found at Euston Hall this weekend as a new festival launches.
The stately home, near Thetford, is hosting the Red Rooster Festival with a line-up packed with rhythm and blues, Americana, soul, roots and country music.
Embracing the sounds and lifestyle of the American deep south it will be a chance to enjoy music from the likes of The Jim Jones Revue, Peter Molinari, Big Boy Bloater and The Limits, The Urban Voodoo Machine, Miraculous Mule, The Vagaband, CC Smugglers, Scoundrels, Chessboxer, Danni Nicholls and Pearl TN.
The brainchild of the Duke of Grafton, the festival is described as a 'whisky sippin', guitar strumming sort of weekend'.
Food stalls will be based around the theme of the Deep South too – expect Cajun and Creole, gumbo and jambalaya, with the organisers are guaranteeing you'll leave fuller than a tick on a hound dog. There'll also be farmer's market to take home a taste of the South.
And of course there'll be plenty of bourbon to wash it all down with. It sounds like true southern-style hospitality.
A festival spokesman said: 'It's a long way from Suffolk to enjoy the sounds and smells of the Deep South, so we thought, why not, let's try and recreate it in the heart of the Suffolk countryside.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 7 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 8 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword
- 9 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 10 Countryfile to highlight controversial Norfolk road scheme
• Red Rooster Festival, Euston Hall, June 7-8, £42.50 weekend/camping, £35 day ticket, www.redrooster.org.uk