Decorated ducks are preparing for a quacking good race on Norwich’s River Wensum
- Credit: Nick Butcher
From Giraffy Duck to Bauble Christmas Quacker - a colourful collection of decorated ducks will be taking to the River Wensum for some quacking good fun later this month.
They are all contenders in the 6th Grand Norwich Duck Race from St George's Bridge to Fye Bridge which will take place on August 27 to raise funds for children's charity Break.
Sarah Bunn, from Break, said: 'We have about 100 ducks taking part and people can still enter ducks at the moment if they want to.
'We have been hugely supported by so many wonderful artists, and amazing individuals and companies who have gone completely quackers about taking part in this growing event.
'The race has become a bit of an institution. It is lovely that we can put on this free event for families to enjoy and raise money for Break too.'
You may also want to watch:
The event is organised by Break in partnership with The Ribs of Beef, Norfolk Paddle Company, the Broads Authority and the Maids Head Hotel.
The festivities start at midday on August 27, with a duck parade on St George's Bridge.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
People can also sponsor a small duck for £2 for the individual duck race which will take place at 2pm with 3,000 little ducks.
The corporate duck race of decorated ducks will start at 2.30pm. There are still a few ducks left to sponsor for the corporate duck race.
For more about the Grand Norwich Duck Race and how to get involved, visit www.break-charity.org