Music festival postponed due to 'sharply rising' Covid cases
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto/Woodbastwick Estate/Woodforde's Brewery/Ace Life Ltd
A new music festival due to launch this summer at a Norfolk estate has been postponed due to rising coronavirus cases.
Woodstockwick Festival was scheduled to take place in the private grounds of the Woodbastwick Estate over the weekend of August 21 and 22.
The family-friendly event was set to feature live music, with headline tribute acts Elite Elton and Abba Magic, alongside children's activities, world food and beers from Woodforde's Brewery.
It has now been postponed indefinitely due to the ongoing risk from coronavirus and all ticket-holders will be contacted to receive a refund.
The Wooodbastwick Estate has said that it is hoping to see Woodstockwick launching in the summer of next year, or even sooner, if conditions allow.
Ben Lake, one of the organisers who was also due to perform, said: “In light of the fact that we are seeing the sharpest rises in Covid cases across the country since the first lockdown as well as sharply rising UK hospital admissions and a slowdown in vaccinations, the Woodbastwick Estate took the very difficult decision to indefinitely postpone this year’s event.
You may also want to watch:
He continued: "One festival is not worth one life and we are not prepared to take risks that might put lives in danger or harm the NHS.”
Elsewhere in Norfolk, the organisers of Houghton Festival, which takes place near Fakenham, have cancelled the 2021 event due to the challenges posed by NHS Test and Trace.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 3 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 4 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 5 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 6 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 7 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 8 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 9 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 10 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity