Town's popular open gardens event set to return
- Credit: Archant
An annual event which sees beautiful gardens across Thetford opened up to the public is set to make its return.
Thetford Open Gardens in its usual form was cancelled last year amid the coronavirus pandemic, and replaced by virtual activities and fundraising.
But the devoted team of organisers are back and have been busy organising for a special double event, to be held on June 6 and June 27.
Funds are once again being raised for St Nicholas Hospice Care, which provides end-of-life support for people in west Suffolk and Thetford.
Due to Covid restrictions, ticket availability for June 6 is limited and no more than 30 people will be allowed in a single garden at any one time.
You may also want to watch:
Stewards will be on hand to control numbers, especially at smaller gardens.
Tickets, priced at £10 for one day's entry or £15 for both, are available from the Everything Thetford shop on King Street or online via leapinghare.org/leaping-hare-box-office.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 5 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 6 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 7 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 8 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 9 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 10 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop