6 private gardens opening to the public in Norfolk this September
- Credit: Archant
The National Garden Scheme gives visitors access to 3,600 private gardens across England and Wales, which includes many in Norfolk.
Since its launch in 1927, the scheme has donated more than £60 million to its beneficiaries through admissions, teas and cake, which includes Macmillan Cancer Support, Marie Curie and The Queen's Nursing Institute.
The 2021 Norfolk season will be brought to a close this autumn with six gardens opening in September and one in October.
Here is where you can visit in September:
1. 33 Waldemar Avenue, Hellesdon, NR6 6TB
When: Sunday, September 5, 10am-5pm
2. Holme Hale Hall, Holme Hale IP25 7ED
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 3 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 4 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 5 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 6 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 7 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
- 8 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 9 Norwich hospital to stop inpatient visits after rising Covid cases
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
Sunday, September 5, 12pm-4pm
3. Chapel Cottage, Rougham, PE32 2SE
Sunday, September 12, 10.30am-4.30pm
4. High House Gardens, Shipdham, IP25 7PU
Sunday, September 12, 2pm-5.30pm/Wednesday, September 15, 2pm-5.30pm
5. Manor House Farm, Coston, NR9 4DT
Sunday, September 19, 11am-5pm
6. Silverstone Farm, North Elmham, NR20 5EX
Sunday, September 19, 2pm-5pm
Finishing the 2021 season in October:
East Ruston Old Vicarage Garden, East Ruston, NR12 9HN
Saturday, October 16, 12pm-5pm
Tickets can be purchased at ngs.org.uk or on the gate and entry for children is free.