Jimmy Carr to return to Lowestoft with brand new material
- Credit: Marina Theatre
Comedian Jimmy Carr is set to return to Lowestoft with brand new material this year.
The popular comedian and presenter will bring new jokes to the Marina Theatre on Saturday, December 11, as part of a small tour of work-in-progress performances.
Jimmy’s last appearances at the Marina resulted in sell-out shows with extra late-night gigs being added due to popular demand.
Marina chief executive Emma Butler Smith said: "When we got the call asking if we’d like to host Jimmy Carr for this performance we were all really excited.
"The set for our Pantomime Cinderella will already be onstage and Jimmy’s performance will take place during technical rehearsals, but even so, all the tech team and crew for panto will work hard to allow us present his new work in progress gig.
"Live comedy is a big part of what we offer at the Marina and we know that our audience will really enjoy seeing Jimmy Carr again."
Tickets can be booked via their website marinatheatre.co.uk by phone on 01503 533200 or in person at the Box Office.
- 1 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 2 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 8 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 9 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm