Light trails to visit in Norfolk this winter
- Credit: Michael Fung Photography
As the nights draw in, there's never been a better time to wrap up warm and take a stroll around a beautifully illuminated trail.
Take a look at our guide of some of the light trails to visit in Norfolk this winter.
Chris Levine at Houghton Hall
Where? Houghton, Norfolk
When? October 22 - December 23
Price: Adults £18, children free
Houghton Hall has been transformed by a major solo exhibition of contemporary British artist Chris Levine.
- 1 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 2 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 5 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 6 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 7 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 8 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 9 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 10 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
Named 528 Hz Love Frequency, the trail features a series of new holographic artworks, print pieces and large immersive laser and LED installations.
This is a body of new work created specifically for Houghton Hall.
Enchanted Journey of Light
Where? Thursford, Norfolk
When? November 17 - December 13
Price: Adults £18, under-2s free
Visitors will journey into the Santa’s Magical Journey site to spot everything from toy workshops to snowy forests.
They'll also travel past penguins and polar bears to giant-sized teddy bears and see how the elves have loaded Santa’s sleigh.
Unfortunately people won't be able to meet Father Christmas due to Covid restrictions.
Throughout their journey customers will meet lots of fantasy characters including the snowman family.
Sandringham Winter Light Trail
Where? Sandringham, Norfolk
When? November 12 - December 19
Price: Adults £16.50, 3-15 year olds £11.50, under-3s free
Nestled deep within the Queen's private estate awaits an illuminated trail to enthral visitor's senses.
As darkness descends, take an enchanting journey weaving through a captivating light trail at the Country Park at Sandringham.
The mile-long trail features stunning lighting elements and light play, all set to ambient music.
Love Light Norwich
Where? Norwich, Norfolk
When? February 17 - 19
Love Light Norwich returns with stunning new installations, projections, and performances all designed to amaze and delight.
See much-loved landmarks transformed into vibrant artworks, enjoy fantastic performances from renowned artists and become part of the festival with interactive installations.
Themed around love and belonging, Love Light Norwich takes the dark February nights and conjures a beautiful experience.