Example offers free gig ticket to fan that got 'trampled on' at Sundown
- Credit: Danielle Booden
Rapper Example has offered a free ticket to his upcoming Norwich show to a fan that had to be pulled out of the crowd at Sundown Festival.
Example, whose hits include Changed the Way You Kiss Me and Stay Awake, performed on the main stage on Saturday afternoon at the Norfolk Showground.
But a few people at the front of the crowd needed to ask for assistance during the set.
Example posted a message he received from a festival-goer's mum on his Instagram story. It said: "Hey my daughter was at Sundown last night at the front and her and her friends got trampled on.
"She said you stopped and asked if anyone was hurt. Not many would do that so thank you!
"She got out over the railings, but missed the rest of the set and her favourite tracks.
"She was terrified but said you were awesome. Keep being you."
- 1 Country house with three flats, treehouse and pool up for sale
- 2 Norfolk woman dies after being stung by wasp in Spain
- 3 Tributes to "highly-valued" technician who died at Norfolk DAF dealership
- 4 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 5 'London girl' transforms her Norfolk home into the ultimate retreat
- 6 Dinosaur spotted at Beccles Lido as part of Jurassic World film campaign
- 7 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 8 Three fire crews called to blaze in Norfolk village
- 9 Plane gets into difficulty while landing at Norfolk airfield
- 10 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
Example then replied to the woman and wrote: "I wasn't going to start the music again until everyone was definitely okay to continue.
"I hope she's okay. She can come to my Norwich show for free in Feb for free. Remind me nearer the time."
A spokesman for Sundown Festival said: "During a lively segment of Example’s set at Sundown, the artist waited for a minute or two while security staff helped four people to come out of the crowd, over the front security barrier.
"While we understand this can look dramatic and would have felt uncomfortable for the small number of people involved, there was neither a crowd collapse or the need for a formal show-stop response.
"Both Sundown staff and the artist’s team made sure fans were safe before the show resumed.
"We are grateful to Example and all the artists at Sundown for supporting our team to ensure the welfare of everyone at the festival this weekend."
Currently there are no Example shows scheduled for Norwich, so he looks set set to announce a 2021 tour soon.
Click here to see if you can spot yourself in our Sundown Festival gallery.