Brancaster has one of the whitest beaches in the UK
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
A Norfolk beach has been named among the UK’s top 10 beaches with the whitest sand.
Brancaster has been highlighted in the report by Parkdean Resorts.
The holiday company analysed the sand shades of 50 different beaches and came up with a list of the top 10 with the whitest shade.
The top-ranking beach was Kynance Cove in Cornwall, followed by Appletree Bay in the Isles of Scilly and St Ives in Cornwall.
West Wittering was followed by Brancaster, situated between Hunstanton and Holkham on the Norfolk coast, at number eight.
You may also want to watch:
Fistral Beach in Cornwall came in at number nine and Bamburgh Castle in Northumberland at number 10.
A spokesman from Parkdean Resorts said: “By analysing the shade of the UK’s top 50 beaches we were able to rank the beaches by their sand tone, helping us define the top UK beaches with the whitest sand - so you can find the staycation with your perfect shade of summer.”
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash