Musicians ranging from David Bowie to Shirley Bassey featured in rock photographer’s Twenty Feet from the Stars exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Previously unseen images of music stars ranging from James Brown and Shirley Bassey, to Mark Knopfler and Marylin Manson will be on show at the Anteros Arts Foundation, Norwich, this week, as part of an exhibition by Holt-based photographer Howard Denner.
Mr Denner, who began taking photographs after being given a Kodak Brownie 127 camera as a youngster, trained as a biochemist in the 1960s and worked in academic research and food science before turning his hobby into a full-time career.
After signing up with an agency in the mid-1990s, the jazz and blues fan began specialising is photographing live music events at major venues including Wembley Arena, the O2 and the Royal Albert Hall, and has since captured hundreds of stars on camera.
Twenty Feet from the Stars runs at the Anteros Arts Foundation, Fye Bridge Street, Norwich, until March 24. Opening times are 9am-5pm, Tuesday-Saturday. www.anterosfoundation.com
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital