Musicians ranging from David Bowie to Shirley Bassey featured in rock photographer’s Twenty Feet from the Stars exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Previously unseen images of music stars ranging from James Brown and Shirley Bassey, to Mark Knopfler and Marylin Manson will be on show at the Anteros Arts Foundation, Norwich, this week, as part of an exhibition by Holt-based photographer Howard Denner.
Mr Denner, who began taking photographs after being given a Kodak Brownie 127 camera as a youngster, trained as a biochemist in the 1960s and worked in academic research and food science before turning his hobby into a full-time career.
After signing up with an agency in the mid-1990s, the jazz and blues fan began specialising is photographing live music events at major venues including Wembley Arena, the O2 and the Royal Albert Hall, and has since captured hundreds of stars on camera.
Twenty Feet from the Stars runs at the Anteros Arts Foundation, Fye Bridge Street, Norwich, until March 24. Opening times are 9am-5pm, Tuesday-Saturday. www.anterosfoundation.com
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree