Dance adaptation of Edward Scissorhands
TONY COOPER Matthew Bourne's dance adaptation of Tim Burton's film, Edward Scissorhands, plays Norwich Theatre Royal from February 28 to March 4.
Matthew Bourne's dance adaptation of Tim Burton's film, Edward Scissorhands, plays Norwich Theatre Royal from Tuesday February 28 to Saturday March 4, with performances nightly at 7.30pm and matinees on Wednesday/Saturday at 2.30pm.
This enchanting and witty, gothic fairytale tells the story of a boy created by an eccentric inventor who dies leaving him alone and unfinished.
With only scissors for hands, Edward struggles with the simplest of tasks.
You may also want to watch:
He is taken in by a caring all-American family and must find his feet in a strange new suburban world.
The music for Bourne's adaptation is based on Danny Elfman's score for the Burton film with new music/arrangements by Terry Davies. Sets and costumes are designed by Lez Brotherston, who keeps the blend of gothic beauty and the gaudy vision of US suburbia that makes the movie so visually spectacular.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 8 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
With cinematic-style visual effects and mesmerising dancing as well as a good helping of Bourne's trademark wit, the show promises to be energetic, funny and moving.
A perfect family treat.
Tickets £27.50 to £5, matinees £24.50 to £5, first night £25.50 to £5 from the Theatre Royal box office on 01603 630000 or visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk