Dan Le Sac gig in Norwich tonight is rescued by local promoter SoapBox
A local promoter and venue have stepped into the breach to rescue a well-known electronic performer's Norwich leg of his UK tour tonight.
Dan Le Sac, who shot into the limelight with Thou Shalt Always Kill, his 2008 collaboration with spoken-word artist Scroobius Pip, was left disappointed when his date at the Waterfront tonight was cancelled due to 'unforeseen circumstances'.
SoapBox, which puts on music and arts events across East Anglia, heard about the performer's plight and set to work trying to find a venue willing to put on a free solo show at short notice.
HideOut, in Queen Street, which was formerly named Carnival but has recently been rebranded, was only too happy to play host, so the event will go ahead as scheduled.
Le Sac said: 'I always enjoy playing in Norwich and I was gutted when I heard that the gig had to be cancelled.
'It is testament to how passionate Norwich is about its arts and music that people can pull something like this together at the eleventh hour, and by making it a free gig I feel like I'm giving something back to the city.
'Hopefully plenty of people will turn up and make it a night to remember!'
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 3 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 10 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
The gig is part of Le Sac's UK tour to promote his recent debut solo album Space Between The Words, with support on the night coming from Merz.
The gig is due to start from 8pm tonight and is free entry.