Don’t panic! Dad’s Army Live coming to Norfolk railway
- Credit: Archant
Captain Mainwairing and his hapless Home Guard will be marching into Norfolk for a special event.
Dad's Army Live returns to the North Norfolk Railway for 2019 on May 26 to 27 and will take place at Weybourne Station where the classic Royal Train episode was filmed in 1973.
The episode follows King George VI who is set to pass through the fictional town Walmington-on-Sea with the guard of honour provided by the platoon.
Chaos unfolds as an earlier train gets halted at the station and the driver and fireman falls asleep.
In previous years, hundreds of people have turned out for the two-day event celebrating one of Britain's favourite sitcoms.
You may also want to watch:
In the original series, most of the exterior scenes were shot around the Stanford Training Area, near Thetford.
Volunteers from Thetford Dad's Army Museum play the parts of much-loved characters including Captain Mainwairing, Sergeant Wilson, Private Frazer, Jones the Butcher and Private Pike.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 6 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
Husband and wife duo Chrissie and John Drury of Timescape will also be singing 1940s songs at the event.
With the Home Guard in charge, what could possibly go wrong!
The red timetable will run throughout the event and to check times and prices visit the North Norfolk Railway website.