Don’t panic! Dad’s Army Live coming to Norfolk railway
- Credit: Archant
Captain Mainwairing and his hapless Home Guard will be marching into Norfolk for a special event.
Dad's Army Live returns to the North Norfolk Railway for 2019 on May 26 to 27 and will take place at Weybourne Station where the classic Royal Train episode was filmed in 1973.
The episode follows King George VI who is set to pass through the fictional town Walmington-on-Sea with the guard of honour provided by the platoon.
Chaos unfolds as an earlier train gets halted at the station and the driver and fireman falls asleep.
In previous years, hundreds of people have turned out for the two-day event celebrating one of Britain's favourite sitcoms.
In the original series, most of the exterior scenes were shot around the Stanford Training Area, near Thetford.
Volunteers from Thetford Dad's Army Museum play the parts of much-loved characters including Captain Mainwairing, Sergeant Wilson, Private Frazer, Jones the Butcher and Private Pike.
- 1 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 2 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 3 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 4 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 Could some Norfolk schools be set for three-day weeks?
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 8 Blaze near children's playground in Norwich believed to be arson
- 9 Nine fire crews tackle blaze at industrial estate
- 10 Car carrying six children not wearing seatbelts caught on A47
Husband and wife duo Chrissie and John Drury of Timescape will also be singing 1940s songs at the event.
With the Home Guard in charge, what could possibly go wrong!
The red timetable will run throughout the event and to check times and prices visit the North Norfolk Railway website.