Dad's Army trail repeated
ISABEL COCKAYNE A second guided tour of the Dad's Army trail in Thetford will be held this Sunday.
A second guided tour of the Dad's Army trail in Thetford will be held on Sunday, September 26.
Since its launch in May, the town trail has proved popular with coach parties.
At the first public guided tour, visitors from all over the country came to find out more about the environment in which the TV comedy was filmed.
You may also want to watch:
Guide Stuart Wright said: “We expected the attendees to be from a 20-30 mile radius of Thetford, so it was a pleasant surprise to meet people from Derbyshire and Hertfordshire.
“It just goes to show the interest there is in Dad's Army, which is a great help for the town in attracting visitors.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 8 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 9 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 10 Former Norwich City coach moves on again - after just three months
“Indeed, the visitors we have had have had their eyes opened to some of the town's rich history and are planning return trips to learn more about Thetford.”
The next guided walk starts at King's House Gardens at 11am. Places for this can be booked at Thetford Tourist Information Centre on 01842 820689 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org