Cult kids TV show Knightmare is filmed in Norwich again, 19 years after it was cancelled
- Credit: Keith Whitmore
Cult 1980s and 90s children's TV show Knightmare has returned to Norwich.
The fantasy gameshow was a hit with older children and teenagers between 1987 and 1994, and was filmed at the Anglia Television studios in Agricultural Plain, Norwich.
The show has retained a huge online following and this week has returned to the city.
Filming of Knightmare concluded at Epic Studios, in Magdalen Street, today ahead of its inclusion in a project being run by YouTube.
The video sharing website is hosting a 'Geek Week' between Sunday, August 4 and Saturday, August 10.
The remake of the Knightmare episode will feature on YouTube during Geek Week and the show's creator, Tim Child, who has directed the episode, is hoping it could lead to a new lease of life for the show.
- For the full story, and interviews with Mr Child and original cast members, see tomorrow's Norwich Evening News.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 7 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 8 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 9 Seven of the oldest Norfolk businesses
- 10 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub