Cromer Society putting on bell ringing and music events
- Credit: Archant
Secrets of bell ringing will be revealed at an illustrated talk next month.
Dr Maureen Gardiner, steeple keeper for Cromer Parish Church, will be presenting The Art of English Bell Ringing on Thursday March 19.
It is part of a Cromer Society series of events and will happen at Suffield Park Bowls Club, Station Road, Cromer, at 7pm.
During the talk Dr Gardiner, who was behind the recent bell restoration programme at Cromer Parish Church, will bring along her set of hand bells.
Admission to the talk costs £3 for members and £5 for non-members.
Other society events include recorded music evenings, also at the Suffield Park Bowls Club.
They will feature A Tuneful Bunch, by Gordon Dodson, on Wednesday March 11 and The Baroque Era by John Rattle on Wednesday March 25.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 3 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 4 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 7 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 8 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 9 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 10 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
Admission for these events is £2 for members and £3 for non-members.
The group is also putting on visits to the productions at the Maddermarket Theatre in Norwich.
The next trip is Saturday March 28 for The Ghost Train by Arnold Ridley. Places should be booked by Saturday February 28.