Cromer’s Folk Festival returns to the Pier for 20th birthday
- Credit: Archant
Cromer's popular folk rock festival will be returning to the Pier for it's 20th birthday this May.
At the end of the festival last year, the audience was invited to suggest which acts they would like to see at the milestone evemt.
Festival organiser Scott Butler said: 'I am pleased to say that I have managed to book about 80pc of those suggested''
'Many of the acts have played the festival a number of times in those twenty years' he adds 'so over the years I must have got something right!'
Butler's love of folk rock inspired the very first festival in 1999.
You may also want to watch:
He admits to being surprised that twenty years on he is still producing the festival – and more so that it now regularly sells nearly two thirds of the available tickets before he has announced the line-up.
Headliners Fairport Convention are often attributed to invented the British folk rock genre, Edward II bring summer sounds of reggae, Little Johnny England bring driving rock rhythms and Home Service bring brassy big guns to the party.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
The event will be taking place on May 11, 12 and 13.
A limited number of weekend passes are available and tickets for individual concerts are now on sale at the box office 01263 512495, www.thecromerpier.com
Details of the Fringe Festival will be announced shortly.
For more information visit www.folkonthepier.co.uk.