Cromer’s Folk Festival returns to the Pier for 20th birthday
- Credit: Archant
Cromer's popular folk rock festival will be returning to the Pier for it's 20th birthday this May.
At the end of the festival last year, the audience was invited to suggest which acts they would like to see at the milestone evemt.
Festival organiser Scott Butler said: 'I am pleased to say that I have managed to book about 80pc of those suggested''
'Many of the acts have played the festival a number of times in those twenty years' he adds 'so over the years I must have got something right!'
Butler's love of folk rock inspired the very first festival in 1999.
He admits to being surprised that twenty years on he is still producing the festival – and more so that it now regularly sells nearly two thirds of the available tickets before he has announced the line-up.
Headliners Fairport Convention are often attributed to invented the British folk rock genre, Edward II bring summer sounds of reggae, Little Johnny England bring driving rock rhythms and Home Service bring brassy big guns to the party.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 6 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 7 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 8 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 9 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
- 10 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
The event will be taking place on May 11, 12 and 13.
A limited number of weekend passes are available and tickets for individual concerts are now on sale at the box office 01263 512495, www.thecromerpier.com
Details of the Fringe Festival will be announced shortly.
For more information visit www.folkonthepier.co.uk.