Cromer Pier 2013 acts include Strictly Come Dancing duo
Dance stars from 'Strictly' join comics, blues and folk rock legends, and a versatile vocal foursome on the line-up of special shows heading to Cromer pier in 2013.
Strictly Come Dancing finalist Pasha Kovalev who is teamed up with Girl's Aloud's Kimberley Walsh, is joined by Katya Virshilas, who was paired up with Phil Tufnell and Gavin Henson in previous series, for a live show visiting the Pier Pavilion on April 3.
It features guest dancers, an appearance by a local dance school and a question and answer session.
Opening the season on Friday March 15 is evergreen comedian Jim Davidson in his The Legend Continues tour, which promises taboo subjects and dangerously uncompromising comedy.
The following night rubber faced comic Phil Cool combines gags with the kind of satire, anecdotes, observations and routines that made him a prime time TV star in the 1980s.
You may also want to watch:
Versatile vocal foursome Blake include Cromer in their UK tour on Friday March 22, featuring pop and classical harmony songs from their latest album Start Over. They include Norfolk man Humphrey Berney in their line-up.
The following evening the stage hosts the sounds of folk rocker Steeleye Span, with former leader singer Maddy Prior once against fronting the band.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
Other highlights include tribute hand Complete Madness on March 29, Paul Jones and the Manfreds on April 6, and Chas and Dave on April 7 with a show that has a pub set first half and a hit song second half.
Announcing the season's line-up Cromer Pier general manager Ian Hall said: 'We are delighted to see so many famous names appearing in Cromer. As a theatre we always try and provide a rich variety of concerts and shows and 2013 is certainly going to be a very exciting year.'
All shows are booking now Early Bird discount on shows booked before the end of January. Call the box office on 01263 512495, or visit www.cromer-pier.com for more information.