Craig David effortlessly delivers a set to remember at Sundown
- Credit: PA
With a rich mix of up-and-coming grime, dance and rap artists littering this year's Sundown line-up, the crowd may have been sceptical going in to Craig David's headlining set in Norwich on Saturday night.
But I'd heard reports that the pop-garage star's recent gigs had been more akin to a fully fledged Ibiza rave than a sugary nostalgic throwback, and the 36-year-old didn't disappoint when he took to the stage after the sun had set on an incredible day at the Norfolk Showground.
The crowd were pumped having watched the likes of Kurupt FM, Wiley and Rag'N'Bone Man and Craig David fans, old and new, were in their element as he gave some of his classic tracks a fresh new sound.
Seven Days, Fill Me In, Walking Away and Rewind all got a play along with his latest hits, When The Baseline Drops, Aint Giving Up and Nothing Like This. He also dug out some of his lesser known tracks such as My Love Don't Stop and even a bit of Bieber, much to the crowd's delight.
Fresh from his set at V Fest last weekend David was on fine form, mixing his old school bangers with his TS5 house party DJ set, RnB licks and super fast raps.
You may also want to watch:
It was clear to see the comeback star was having the time of his life and the crowd were raving alongside him every step of the way.
After the gig David tweeted: 'That was so much fun! Thank you @SundownUK for showing me so much love! I'm so grateful.'
- 1 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 2 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 3 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 4 Man in 70s punched and kicked repeatedly after being pulled from car
- 5 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 6 Norfolk Covid-19 cases at lowest level since October, figures show
- 7 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 8 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 9 Police condemn 'blatant' lockdown breaches as 160 fined
- 10 Flagship Debenhams building goes up for sale or rent