Courtroom drama takes centre stage at Maddermarket Theatre
- Credit: Sean Owen
A courtroom drama is taking centre stage at Norwich's Maddermarket Theatre all this week.
Witness for the Prosecution, directed by Becky Sweet, is the latest production being presented by the city venue and the show runs until Saturday.
The Agatha Christie thriller sees passion, murder and love combine as Leonard Vole – played by Joey Herzfeld – stands accused of murdering a rich widow and fights to escape the hangman's noose.
'It's the classic, 'did he do it or not?'' said Rebecca Wass, the theatre's general manager. 'If you love the Sunday night television dramas or enjoy a crime novel then this play is made for you... There are plenty of twists in the tale and the play keeps you guessing to the very end.'
The original stage production for Witness for the Prosecution opened at the Winter Garden Theatre in London in 1953.
The play went on to become a 1957 feature film which starred Tyrone Power, Marlene Dietrich, and Charles Laughton, was nominated for six Academy Awards.
Witness for the Prosecution runs until Saturday. Tickets £8-£12. For more information and to book tickets, call the box office on 01603 620917 or visit www.maddermarket.co.uk You can also find the Maddermarket Theatre on Facebook and follow @maddermarket on Twitter
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 6 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com