Country legend Campbell on tour
TREVOR HEATON, EDP Whats On Editor Country music legend Glen Campbell is to play the Theatre Royal in Norwich, it has been announced.
TREVOR HEATON, EDP Whats On Editor
Country music legend Glen Campbell is to play the Theatre Royal in Norwich, it has been announced.
The singer and guitarist - famous for such classics as Rhinestone Cowboy, By The Time I Get To Phoenix and Wichita Lineman - will be appearing at the venue on Sunday July 23.
Glen began his musical career as a session guitarist, playing on such classic records as Frank Sinatra's Strangers in the Night and the Monkees' I'm A Believer. In 1965 he joining the touring version of the Beach Boys, and secured his first US solo success in 1967 with Gentle On My Mind.
You may also want to watch:
He crossed the boundaries of country and pop with his interpretations of Jimmy Webb's songs including, most famously, Wichita Lineman which was a top 10 UK hit in 1969.
His hits continued in the Seventies with such songs as Southern Nights and Rhinestone Cowboy.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 7 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 10 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
BBC Radio 2 is currently running a series on Friday nights, presented by REM's Mike Mills, about the 69-year-old singer's long career.
Tickets for his concert cost £32.50 to £5 and go on sale today.
The theatre has also announced a visit by children's television favourites The Fimbles on July 12-13, when they will be playing five shows (tickets £11.50-£4).
Box office: 01603 630000.