Country fair at stately home offers wealth of activities
Families in Norfolk can look forward to the East Anglian Game and Country Fair at the Euston Estate at Elveden, home to the Duke and Duchess of Grafton.
The fair will take place over the weekend of September 25-26.
Highlights of the main arena will include The Broke FMX display team’s jaw-dropping stunts, as well as the Horseboarding UK Championships, in which audience participation is encouraged.
Also set to feature are a dog & duck show, British Scurry and Trials Driving, falconry, gun dog displays, fishing demos with world-champion fly-caster Hywel Morgan, a sheep show, traditional craft demonstrations, and farrier & blacksmith demonstrations.
In addition, visitors will be able to enjoy clay shooting and a 40-bird re-entry shooting competition, as well as fly fishing and coarse fishing on the Black Bourne River, ferret racing, archery, paintballing and crossbows.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be more than 350 shopping stands, along with children’s activities, a traditional fun fair and a food hall.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 4 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 7 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- 8 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 9 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday