Contrasting concerts for Worstead choir
- Credit: Archant
Next month will see two concerts in very different styles for The Choir Worstead.
The first, on Saturday October 10, at North Walsham Methodist Church is the fruition of a special summer project for a smaller group of women-only voices.
The 15 sopranos and altos have been learning works from Stabat Mater by Pergolesi, and Adiemus by Carl Jenkins for the concert Songs of Sorrow and Sanctuary.
The concert starts at 7.30pm and tickets are £5. Tickets can be bought in advance on 01692 538941. They will also be available on the door though numbers are limited.
In contrast to this concert, the choir will be performing a light-hearted programme of popular songs at Worstead Village Hall on Saturday October 31 at 7pm.
Tickets will again be £5 and all profits will go towards refurbishment plans for the hall. The bar will be open. Again, call 01692 538941 to book.
The concert will include medleys from the musicals, pop, folk and traditional well-known songs.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 5 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 6 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 7 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 8 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 9 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 10 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing up to 30 new jobs
Musical director Beverley Downes said: 'It has been good to balance the challenging new work with some of our old favourites and we're looking forward to welcoming audiences at both venues. We rehearse at the hall and it's great to be able to help with its fundraising.'
The choir meets on Thursdays, 7.30pm and welcomes new members with no audition.
Find out more by visit the website thechoir.org.uk