Contemporary art festival returning to Cley this month
- Credit: Archant
A popular contemporary art exhibition which attracts thousands of visitors to the north Norfolk coast is returning this month.
The Cley14 event, organised by the North Norfolk Exhibition Project (NNEP), will be held in venues across Cley from July 2-August 3.
And this year people will be able to take part in workshops run by artists.
Art installations will be on show in St Margaret's Church, as well as Picnic Fayre, the Crabpot and Norfolk Wildlife Trust visitors' centre.
Anna-Lise Horsley will be leading a painting and drawing workshop on Saturday July 19. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
A clay jar making workshop will be held on Saturday July 26 by Antje Ernestus. Email email@example.com for details.
Susanne Lakin will be holding a collage workshop on Saturday August 2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 7 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed
All workshops will be held at Cley Village Hall on The Fairstead between 10am-4pm and cost £35.
As well as visual art, the exhibition will feature music, poetry and talks.
These include a dawn sound walk on Friday July 18 from Cley church. It will start at 4am and tickets cost £10.
Norfolk bat consultant, Philip Parker, will be giving a free talk about the Norfolk Bats in Churches Project on Wednesday July 23 at 7.30pm.
The NNEP is also running a small additional exhibition this year at Cley Windmill from July 1 to August 31, 9.30am-4.30pm daily, featuring works previously exhibited at the project's shows in Salthouse or Cley.
For more details about all the events at the Cley 14 exhibition visit www.cleycontemporaryart.org
Places are limited on workshops.