Coming Soon: Norfolk Food and Drink Festival
It's the largest event of its kind in the country and it's right here in our fine county – the Norfolk Food and Drink Festival 2014 celebrates a delicious decade this year and has a programme of events guaranteed to whet every appetite.
The festival is a unique opportunity for producers, consumers, restaurateurs and businesses in Norfolk to get together to highlight the incredible food and drink offer in the county and encourage as many people as possible to take part in the celebration which this year runs from August 30 to October 12.
This year, Southwold-based brewery Adnams returns for a third year of sponsorship, joined by Norfolk-based law firm Spire Solicitors LLP, which has eight regional offices across the county.
'The Festival celebrates the wide variety and exceptional quality of Norfolk's vibrant food and drink sector which delivers real and tangible benefits to the county,' said Andy Wood, chief executive of Adnams.
Kevin Oelrichs. Partner at Spire, added: 'The Norfolk Food and Drink Festival is a key event for raising the profile of our thriving food and drink industry and helping celebrate the abundance of fine producers in the region. We very much look forward to supporting the organisers as they plan the festival over the coming months.'
You may also want to watch:
The Eastern Daily Press is media partner with the Norfolk Food and Drink Festival and its patrons are Richard Hughes of The Lavender House Restaurant and Cookery School and the Assembly House, Chris Coubrough of Flying Kiwi Inns, Vanessa Scott of Strattons Hotel and Galton Blackiston of Morston Hall and No1 Cromer.
The festival also has a new co-ordinator, Anna Stevenson, who sat on the original steering committee 10 years ago and co-owns The Mill Café Bar and Restaurant in Yaxham with husband Hugo along with her own public relations and marketing company.
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops project
- 2 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 3 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 4 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 5 Dog dies and another missing after getting lost in snow
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 8 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 9 'Hot-headed' woman drove car over police officer's foot
- 10 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
Sarah de Chair, director of the festival, said: 'We are absolutely delighted to welcome Spire Solicitors LLP as our joint headline sponsor along with Adnams, which has kindly agreed to support us once again in such a landmark year for the festival.'
This year's Norfolk Food and Drink Festival 2014 includes events such as the Battle of the Bangers, the Moveable Feast, Dining in the Dark and new events such as the Pop-Up Producers Weekend and Picnic and Norwich Restaurant Week.