Comedy start for Sheringham Little Theatre summer rep season
- Credit: Archant
The iconic Sheringham Little Theatre summer rep season kicks off at the end of this month with a comedy.
Funny About Love, written by Terence Frisby, begins on Friday July 25 and runs until Wednesday July 30.
This year's summer rep will be a short sharp six-week blast of five productions, which run just once.
The dramas will be performed by a company of eight professionals, bolstered by two young actors from Paston Sixth Form College, Joshua Duckmanton and Megan Bailes, who play the children in one of the farces.
Among the cast are returnees Richard Keightley who is playing four lead roles, and Ryan Starling, who is from North Walsham.
The productions will cover an eclectic mix of genres from farce and spine-chilling thrills to dark comedy and spoof vampires.
Funny About Love is set in a seemingly idyllic luxury London flat but life is turned upside-down for Rosie after her 52-year-old husband Piers leaves her for his pregnant secretary Larissa.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 5 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 6 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 7 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 8 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge
When Larissa's husband Darren turns up, he and Rosie plan their revenge.
The play's writer also penned There's a Girl in My Soup, which was turned into a 1970 film staring Peter Sellers and Goldie Hawn, and he will be directing the summer rep production.
Debbie Thompson, director of Sheringham Little Theatre, said: 'We certainly aren't resting on our laurels – in fact we're rushed off our feet to ensure this season is of the absolute highest quality.'
For bookings and information about all the plays call the box office on 01263 822347 or visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com