Comedy cooking film at North Walsham arts centre
- Credit: Archant
A comedy-drama film about back to basics cookery will be screened at a community arts centre.
Chef (15), starring Scarlett Johansson, Dustin Hoffman and Robert Downey, Jr, is being shown at the Atrium theatre, on Spenser Avenue, tomorrow at 7pm.
The film follows the story of professional chef, played by Jon Favreau, who quits his job at a popular Los Angeles restaurant after an altercation with a food critic.
He returns to his home town of Miami to fix up a food truck and revive his passion for cooking.
He reconnects with his ex-wife and invites their young son to join him in driving the truck back to Los Angeles while selling Cubanos in various cities along the way.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the funny yet touching film cost £6 or £5 for concessions.
It is being put on by North Walsham-based charity Arts North Norfolk.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
?The charity is also putting on a Harry Potter Night at North Walsham library, off New Road, on Thursday February 5 between 5-6.30pm.
It will include a storytime session, quiz, potion making and fancy dress competition.
The free event is for eight-12-year-olds.
?To book tickets for the film or for details about other Arts North Norfolk events call 01692 218060 or visit www.artsnorthnorfolk.org
?The charity has a North Walsham hub at No.1 Market Place, open Wednesdays to Fridays 9.30am-1.30pm.