Comedy cooking film at North Walsham arts centre
- Credit: Archant
A comedy-drama film about back to basics cookery will be screened at a community arts centre.
Chef (15), starring Scarlett Johansson, Dustin Hoffman and Robert Downey, Jr, is being shown at the Atrium theatre, on Spenser Avenue, tomorrow at 7pm.
The film follows the story of professional chef, played by Jon Favreau, who quits his job at a popular Los Angeles restaurant after an altercation with a food critic.
He returns to his home town of Miami to fix up a food truck and revive his passion for cooking.
He reconnects with his ex-wife and invites their young son to join him in driving the truck back to Los Angeles while selling Cubanos in various cities along the way.
Tickets for the funny yet touching film cost £6 or £5 for concessions.
It is being put on by North Walsham-based charity Arts North Norfolk.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 5 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 6 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 7 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 8 Boss 'gutted' after scenes cut from Ed Balls' Who Do You Think You Are?
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
?The charity is also putting on a Harry Potter Night at North Walsham library, off New Road, on Thursday February 5 between 5-6.30pm.
It will include a storytime session, quiz, potion making and fancy dress competition.
The free event is for eight-12-year-olds.
?To book tickets for the film or for details about other Arts North Norfolk events call 01692 218060 or visit www.artsnorthnorfolk.org
?The charity has a North Walsham hub at No.1 Market Place, open Wednesdays to Fridays 9.30am-1.30pm.