Comedian joins bill of Reepham's summer festival
Elaine MaslinReepham's summer music and arts festival is to preview the Edinburgh Festival fringe act of Irish-Iranian comedian Patrick Monahan. The coup for the organisers comes in what is just the second year of the event.Elaine Maslin
Reepham's summer music and arts festival is to preview the Edinburgh Festival fringe act of Irish-Iranian comedian Patrick Monahan.
The coup for the organisers comes in what is just the second year of the event.
Mr Monahan has also been a warm-up act for BBC's Friday Night With Jonathan Ross show.
Alongside Monahan, organisers have lined up more than 20 acts.
You may also want to watch:
And the music will range from rock, folk, soul and indie to classical, world music, jazz and more.
Venues will open all round the
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 7 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 8 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 9 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 10 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
town and in the open air in Market Place until late on Saturday,
Headlining the live acts will be Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash, known as one of the most enduring British prog-rock acts. Other acts confirmed include The Soul Traders, Sam and Daisy, James Bisgood, Marina Florance Band and KTP.
All paid-for venues will be covered by a single �10 ticket for the full day. But free venues will including Market Place and other areas around the square, which will play host to a wealth of artists and craftsmen.
Stalls and stands will be run by charity and food sellers, and there will be street entertainers and music workshops.
In the evening, Market Place will be transformed into an outdoor musical party, with bands performing to round off the day.
Tickets are available from the Norwich Arts Centre ticket line on 01603 660252 and Very Nice Things in Reepham from this Thursday.
Updated information will be posted at the website, www.reephamfestival.co.uk. If you would like to take part, help on the day or sponsor the event, email firstname.lastname@example.org.