Coldplay website describes Norwich gig as an “unexpected belter”
It seems it was not just the people of Norwich who thought rock giants' Coldplay's recent University of East Anglia concert was a bit special.
A blog on the band's official website, written by various 'roadies' who travel around the world with the band, said: 'The week rolls on with a Radio 1 show from Norwich. The Norwich show is an unexpected belter.
'The show reinforces my belief that the best nights are never the ones you expect, they just pop up out of nowhere and surprise you.'
However, it was not a happy show for all of the Coldplay team as lead singer Chris Martin's guitar technician and the band's longest-serving roadie, Hoppy, was injured during the Norwich show and ended up on crutches.
The blog writer adds: 'A man with a messed-up ankle being called Hoppy - the gags write themselves!'
Read the full blog at www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=846
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre