Classical music celebration at Auden Theatre in Holt
- Credit: Archant
Classical music lovers will able to see and hear world-class performers at a north Norfolk arts venue.
The Auden Theatre, on the grounds of Gresham's School, Holt, will be continuing its impressive Subscription concerts this year.
Pianist Angela Hewitt will be performing Bach classics on Wednesday February 5 at 8pm.
She will be joined by Julia Schröder on violin and Andrea Oliva on flute.
The trio will perform the all-Bach programme a few days later at Wigmore Hall, London.
You may also want to watch:
Angela Hewitt was named artist of the year at the 2006 Gramophone Awards and has performed with the London Philharmonic and BBC Scottish Symphony orchestras.
A week later, on Wednesday February 12, the European Union Chamber Orchestra with their flamboyant leader Hans-Peter Hofmann and oboist Arco van Zon will return to the theatre for the third time.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
The musicians will work with string players and the choir from the Holt school.
The concert, which starts at 8pm, will include Haydn's Little Organ Mass, Elgar and Vivaldi.
Full details of the Subscription concerts can be found on www.greshams.com and for tickets call the Auden box office on 01263 713444.
The cost of the full series is £55 or tickets can be bought separately - £25 for Angela Hewitt and £35 for the orchestra. Future Subscription concerts will showcase the talents of cellist Raphael Wallfisch and pianist John York on April 25, and the Isimsiz Trio on June 4.
The trio includes a violinist, cellist and pianist.