Classical duo Julian and Jiaxin Lloyd Webber to open Cromer Pier concert season
- Credit: Archant
A classical husband and wife duo will be opening the Cromer Pier concert season in style next month.
Julian and Jiaxin Lloyd Webber will be performing A Tale of Two Cellos at the Pavilion Theatre, with special guest Pam Chowhan, on Saturday March 1 at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £19.50 or £18.50 for concessions.
Julian, brother of musical guru Andrew Lloyd Webber, and was the London Underground's first official busker. He was the only classical musician who performed at the Closing Ceremony of Olympics 2012.
At just 16 Julian won a scholarship to the Royal College of Music and completed his studies in Geneva.
His wife graduated from Shanghai Conservatory of Music in 1997.
You may also want to watch:
She was already giving performances with the Shanghai Symphony Orchestra but left China for further studies in New Zealand.
While in New Zealand Jiaxin was principal cello of the Auckland Chamber Orchestra, a founder member of the Aroha String Quartet and played regularly with both the Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra and New Zealand Symphony Orchestra.
- 1 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 2 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 3 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 4 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 5 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 6 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 7 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 8 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 10 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
The couple live in London and will be touring together with the English Chamber Orchestra and the European Union Chamber Orchestra this year.
Indian born Pam Chowhan studied music at Cambridge University and completed keyboard studies at the Royal Northern College of Music.
She is a member of gothic rock band Symphony of Pain.
To book tickets call 01263 512495 or visit www.cromer-pier.com.
For a chance to win a pair of tickets to the show read this week's North Norfolk News.