Clare Balding and Paddy Ashdown set for Jarrold literary lunch in Norwich
The line-up for this year's Jarrold Autumn Literary Lunch has been confirmed.
Popular broadcaster Clare Balding, one of the stars of Olympic and Paralympic coverage this summer, will be joined by politician Paddy Ashdown and Norfolk author Simon Scarrow.
The event will be held in the Top of the Terrace restaurant at Carrow Road on Tuesday, October 30.
Miss Balding will be discussing her book, My Animals and Other Family, which focuses on her unusual upbringing amongst the stables of her father, a champion racehorse trainer with more than 100 horses and ponies.
Mr Ashdown is a former Royal Marine who went on to become an MP and leader of the Liberal Democrats for over 10 years.
You may also want to watch:
He will be discussing his book, A Brilliant Little Operation, which looks back at a second world war Royal Marines operation which helped to turn the tide of the war.
While Mr Scarrow, who was a lecturer at City College Norwich before finding success as an author, will be discussing his novel The Sword and the Scimitar.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 10 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
Tickets for the event are �27.50 and include a two-course lunch. Tickets are available from the Jarrold customer service desk, by calling 01603 660661 or at www.jarrold.co.uk
The authors will only sign copies of books purchased at the event or accompanied by a Jarrold receipt.
EDITORS NOTE: Tickets for the Literary Lunch have sold out