Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
The Waterfront, Norwich
> The Waterfront, Norwich
Imagine a group of hippies inspired by the Go-Betweens formed a band with Talking Heads' lead singer David Byrne and you will have a good idea what Clap Your Hands Say Yeah sound like.
But then visualising what this bizarre ensemble complete with harmonicas and tambourines might look like on stage is an entirely different matter.
Fortunately for the Brooklyn-based five piece, they have avoided over-exposure on the television and in the music press, which leaves the sold-out audience at Norwich's Waterfront last night eager with anticipation.
And on the night the band didn't disappoint.
The show was as chaotic and bizarre as their self-titled debut album.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 5 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 6 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 10 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
But a good mix of album tracks and new material had The Waterfront pumping.
To begin with the band was so low key it was hard to believe. But Clap Your Hands Say Yeah may not be glamorous pop stars but I have got a feeling they are here to stay.