STEPHEN PULLINGER Hippodrome Circus, Yarmouth
> Hippodrome Circus, Yarmouth
It's a formula that filled theatres and pulled in TV millions year after year.
But as variety faded, so did the classic straight man and his cheeky loveable partner.
Enter stage Clive Webb and Danny Adams, worthy successors in the line of Little and Large and Cannon and Ball.
The father-and-son comedy duo have the Yarmouth Hippodrome audience in stitches throughout their Easter spectacular, Circus Hilarious.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 3 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 4 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 5 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 6 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 7 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 8 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 9 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 10 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue
Danny proves himself the consummate master and improvised exchanges, a highlight must be his knife juggling over a visibly terrified woman pulled out of the front row.
Their fast moving show keeps the whole family entertained with an impressive variety of acts from all over Europe.
Russian hoola-hoop star Ailona gives a dynamic display while fellow countrymen Eugeny and Vasily compellingly combine juggling and athleticism. The Jodie Crump Dancers provide a number of slickly choreographed routines.
t The Easter Circus runs until April 3 with two shows a day at 2.30pm and 6pm. For tickets ring the box office on 01493 844172.