Cinderella on Ice
ALISON CROOSE King's Lynn Corn Exchange
> King's Lynn Corn Exchange
The Corn Exchange success story took a stunning leap forward, with its biggest and most ambitious show proving to be a breathtaking evening's entertainment.
Russian ice stars dazzled the audience with a superbly-choreographed display on an ice rink created on an extended stage in just 24 hours.
You may also want to watch:
This was spectacle with a capital S as the skaters whizzed round the rink at breakneck speed in a rapid succession of scintillating dance routines embellished with sumptuous costumes and exciting music.
It was an electrifying performance, not least because of the 22 dancers' many skills.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
Among the cast were Olympic gold medal gymnast Ioulia Barosukova, who proved even more multi-talented than most Fairy Godmothers, plus the husband-and-wife team of Alexander and Ekaterina Belokopitov, who used their roles as court jesters to demonstrate circus skills and sensational aerial gymnastics.
The comedy involving the Ugly Sisters was expertly incorporated into the skating; and to further demonstrate the skaters' expertise, a round-the-world tour of dance included Scottish, Spanish, Egyptian and Russian traditions.
It was non-stop energy parading the best of Russian culture in a show peppered with ingenious artistic devices which left the audience spellbound.
t Cinderella on Ice continues until Saturday, April 16, with matinees on Thursday and Saturday.