CHRISTOPHER SMITH St Thomas' Church, Earlham Road, Norwich
St Thomas' Church, Earlham Road, Norwich
This year's attractive concert series at St Thomas', Heigham, concluded with a recital given by the talented Christopher Colby, the church's organ scholar and a third-year music student at UEA.
Bach, strong, solid and rich toned from its foundation up, was the natural, satisfying choice for the start of his programme. Norman Warren's Folk Song came next, simpler in style and breathing English country air.
You may also want to watch:
The manner changed again for William Mathias' Recessional and Louis Vierne's Carillon de Westminster was splendid too.At the end, Colby let his hair down with the Hornpipe Humoresque by Noel Rawsthorne, the Liverpool organist.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich