Christmas shopping time!
Invitations to the Christmas Bazaar at Norwich Sport Village are out, so you're going to have to face up to the fact that Yuletide shopping will have to start...
When the invitation to the annual Christmas Bazaar at Norwich Sport Village lands on my desk I know I am going to have to face up to the fact that Yuletide shopping will have to start.
My family and friends know that I hate shopping, whether it is food or clothing, so when it comes to the annual seasonal shop I have to really set my mind to it and just get it done.
But this event, which takes place due to the hard work of Miranda Stratton and her tireless team of supporters, is a great one for picking up some unusual gifts, and this year there is a wealth of new stalls coming to Norwich.
From country clothing and dog beds to food treats and travel goods for gap-year students, there really is something to suit everyone's taste.
A few years ago I found a wonderful log basket on wheels, which is light and easy to move and was the perfect present for my parents who still love their real fire in the winter.
There is a preview evening on Monday November 22 (6pm-9pm), when the tickets are £12.50 to include wine and smoked salmon.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 8 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK
Tickets are available by calling 01603 712425. Alternatively you can have a day of shopping there on Tuesday November 23 from 9.30am to 3pm, with admission £4 at the door.
It all takes place at the Norwich Sport Village and proceeds from both days, including 10pc from all sales, will go to building the New House at Camphill Communities, which is a wonderful charity.
This latest project will have a mix of communal rooms and separate flats to help people have some space to themselves, and it is hoped building work will start in November with a completion next summer.