Christmas shopping at the showground
RACHEL BULLER Christmas will come early in Norwich this weekend at a three-day festive shopping extravaganza.
Christmas will come early in Norwich this weekend at a three-day festive shopping extravaganza.
The Norfolk Christmas Gift Show is the largest ever indoor shopping event to be staged in the county and offers people the chance to buy all their presents, decorations and food and drink under one roof.
More than 250 exhibitors have signed up to the show at the Norfolk Showground and there will also be entertainment for children, including a Santa's grotto, face painting and an old-fashioned Christmas funfair.
As well as the more traditional Christmas gifts, the show also offers more unusual and unique products, as well as gourmet food and wine.
Stalls include traditional wooden toys and hand-crafted rocking horses, tableware and cookware, African crafts, Australian gifts, paintings, jewellery and autographed memorabilia.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
Hayley Hill, a director at Aztec Garden Shows, which is organising the event, said: “As a busy working mum, I understand all too well the pressures involved with shopping at this time of year. We have created a huge indoor event within a relaxed and friendly environment that puts the pleasure back into Christmas shopping.
“Inside, visitors will discover unique gifts and festive food as well as a selection of cards and decorations to make their homes sparkle this Christmas. We offer everything from traditional toys to the finest Norfolk turkeys for the festive table, so come along and make Christmas shopping fun.”
The event is Friday, Saturday and Sunday, November 25-27 (10am-5pm) at the showground, with parking on site near the main hall. Tickets cost £3 in advance or £5 on the gate. Accompanied children under 16 get in free.
t Visit www.aztecevents.co.uk or call 01702 549622.