Christmas is coming as traditional market is set up in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Norwich is stepping into Christmas in style as a traditional German market is set to open in the city.
Preparation is currently underway for the opening of the festive market this Friday, December 7 and the wooden chalets are now set up outside the Forum.
The market is free to enter and will run until December 23 and there will be a range of unique gifts on offer at over 30 stalls.
To warm up there will also be a winter garden and tavern, to relax in after your Christmas shopping, and street entertainment throughout December.
There will also be hot festive food and drink on offer including ginger bread, roasted chesnuts, grilled sausages and mulled wine.
READ MORE: Everything you need to know ahead of Norwich Traditional Christmas MarketStalls at the market include Waffle Works, Beautiful Bags and Bits, a Pick & Mix chalet, Jabbawocky handmade pendants and The Cheese Board.
You may also want to watch:
Entry is free and whilst you're there make sure to visit the stunning Tunnel of Light which boasts 50,000 LEDS and almost six miles of light strings and runs from Gentleman's Walk to The Forum.
The market is open 10am to 8pm on weekdays and 10am to 6pm on Sundays.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 3 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 4 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 8 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 9 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 10 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village