Chance to try choral singing at Sheringham
A 'come and sing' event is being staged at Sheringham next month.
A workshop and performance is being staged at St Andrew's Methodist Church on Saturday October 8 from 10am to 5.30pm.
People will be able to rehearse and sing Handel's four Coronation Anthems including the ever popular Zadok the Priest.
The workshop will be led by David McKee, and the day will conclude with an informal performance at about 5pm which friends and family can attend.
The day results from a �1,300 'Active at 60' grant made to the Sheringham and Cromer Choral Society by Norfolk Community Foundation.
You may also want to watch:
It is aimed at helping as many people as possible can experience the joy of singing choral music.
John Pilling, a retired doctor who is treasurer for the society, said: 'This is a great opportunity. Singing can positively enhance our physical, mental, emotional and social health and wellbeing. Apart from being great fun singing brings people together and boosts energy levels. We hope that with this support from Norfolk Community Foundation we can encourage more people to share in our music-making '
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 7 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
Vocal scores will be available on the day (�5 returnable deposit). To assist in planning the day it would be helpful if people wishing to take part could book in advance by contacting Rose Moreton on 01263 825146 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The society will follow up the workshop with a complete performance as part of COAST the Cromer and Sheringham Arts Festival in Cromer parish church on Monday October 24 at 7.30pm.
In addition to singing the Handel Coronation Anthems the society will be joined by pupils from Gresham's Preparatory School to sing Mass of the Children by John Rutter. For details and booking visit www.casaf.co.uk/events2011.