Chance to meet boxing star at Diss cycle event
Celia WiggFamilies are being urged to join in the fun at a Norfolk school's big bike for charity event on Sunday.Celia Wigg
Families are being urged to join in the fun at a Norfolk school's big bike for charity event on Sunday.
A 13-mile cycle ride into local countryside is the main attraction at Diss High School, with the chance to meet European lightweight boxing champion Jon Thaxton who is the sports ambassador for the day.
There is lots on offer in addition to the bike ride, which starts at 11am, including entertainment by the school soul band, bungee trampolines, bouncy castles, 'Blendavenda' smoothies made by a bicycle, beat the goalie and mini scootathon competitions, and a draw with a new bike as a star prize.
Entry forms for the cycle tour can be downloaded from the school website at www.disshigh.norfolk.sch.uk and are also available from the school office.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: 'We want this event to be a huge success and raise as much money as possible, so please support it by registering your interest now.'
Entry is �2 per person, �5 for the whole family or a team of friends (five per team), and people are invited to wear fancy dress.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 7 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
For more details telephone the school on 01379 646134.