Chance for young singers to join Broadland Youth Choir
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
A well known youth choir which performs across Norfolk and beyond is looking for new singers.
Broadland Youth Choir, for seven to 18-year-olds, has opportunities for people to join both its junior and senior sections.
The musical group, which has been running since 1992, sings at the annual EDP Festival of Carols at St Andrew's Hall each December and at many other events throughout the year.
Musical director Carole Tims said they were now looking for new members.
She said: 'Singing in a choir is fun. It gives you a sense of community and teamwork besides the fact that it encourages you to sing and use your voice, your body's own natural expression.
You may also want to watch:
'There's something about singing together with lots of people that really is so enjoyable.
'It's a way to get performing experience because we do a lot of concerts.'
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 10 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
This Saturday evening the choir is performing with Classical Reflection at Trimingham Church from 7pm and there are also plans for the choir to sing with Blake in the future, having previously performed with the vocal group on Cromer Pier.
Members of the choir have also performed on the Norwich Theatre Royal stage, alongside the professional casts of shows including Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and Jesus Christ Superstar.
Mrs Tims said the choir gave young people the chance to perform different types of music.
'It's very varied. We do a lot of classical stuff but we do have moments where we break out, go on stage and let our hair down,' she said.
Broadland Youth Choir's rehearsals take place on Fridays at the Jubilee Hall in Salhouse.
For more information about joining Broadland Youth Choir, visit www.broadlandyouthchoir.co.uk or call Mrs Tims on 01603 721912.