Chance for the public to join in with Paint Out Norwich events
- Credit: Archant
People are being encouraged to pick up paintbrushes and join professional artists in an open air art event in the city.
Paint Out Norwich is returning this month for a third year and as well as holding a competition for professional artists, the event is also running a mass public paint out in Tombland on Sunday, October 16.
Everyone is invited to join the competitors for the painting session and people could also have the chance to have their work displayed at Anteros Arts Foundation.
Organiser James Colman said: 'We hope everyone will take advantage of being able to learn from some of the eminent artists arriving in Norwich and also have a go and be excited by the prospect of their works being framed and hung in one of Norwich's most vibrant art centres,'
The mass public paint out on Tombland will run from 1pm until 4pm on Sunday, October 16.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, October 15 there will also be artist-led workshops that are open to all - exploring colour for the studio and outdoors with David Lindsay, life drawing with Brian Korteling, and a dusk to dark nocturne painting experience with Michael Richardson. There will also be an egg tempera painting class for children aged six and over with Sue Mann and a social media workshop with Katy Jon Went. All the workshops are at Anteros Arts Foundation in Norwich and must be booked in advance.
The public will also be able to watch professional artists at work around the city during the main Paint Out Norwich competition on October 17 and 18.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
To book a place on a workshop or to register for the public paint out in Tombland, visit www.paintoutnorwich.org
Paint Out Norwich is part of the Hostry Festival - visit www.hostryfestival.org