Chance for singers to join our Festival Choir
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
With the festive season fast approaching preparations are under way for one of the Eastern Daily Press' seasonal traditions.
The EDP Festival of Carols will this year take place at St Andrews Hall, in Norwich, on Wednesday, December 7.
Tickets for the event will be going on sale soon and there is still time for people to join this year's Festival Choir.
'It's always a lovely concert and it's quite a tradition now,' said Carole Tims, who is the musical director of the event for the 30th year.
'I often hear people say they feel like Christmas has started once they have been to the EDP Festival of Carols.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'I would be really interested hear from people who would like to join the Festival Choir - the more the merrier! An ability to sight read would be nice but is not essential, but people do need to come to every rehearsal.'
The Festival Choir will once again be joined by Broadland Youth Choir and Cawston Band for the concert, and this year's musical programme will include Away In A Manger, Joy To The World, John Rutter's New Year Carol and Twelve Days Of Christmas and Pearsall's In Dulci Jubilo.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 7 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 8 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars
The concert is raising funds for the EDP We Care Appeal: Norfolk Millennium Trust for Carers.
The Festival Choir is open to anybody aged 18 or over. Rehearsals start on October 28 at the Jubilee Hall, in Salhouse, and will be every Friday 7.30pm-9pm until the concert, with an extra rehearsal the Sunday before the event. To find out more about joining the choir, call Mrs Tims on 01603 721912. Ticket details will be announced in the paper soon.