Emma LeeBrooklyn trio Chairlift's best known track, Bruises, is a minimalist mastrpiece - a sweet little duet, with Caroline Polachek and Aaron Pfenning trading vocal duties.Emma Lee
Brooklyn trio Chairlift's best known track, Bruises, is a minimalist mastrpiece - a sweet little duet, with Caroline Polachek and Aaron Pfenning trading vocal duties.
There's a wide range of influences on show: swoony shoegazing epics in the style of the Cocteau Twins, followed by a nod to New Order.
At some points the three-piece maybe got a little bit lost in the cavernous Uncut Arena when they got lost in their own music, their fragile vocals and melodies perhaps more suited to late night bedsit philosophical debates. But their set was a charming start to the festival.
- 1 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 2 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 3 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 4 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 5 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 6 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 7 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 8 Shock as Ukrainian solidarity flags daubed with Nazi swastikas
- 9 Councillors quit Conservative group over multi-million-pound building move
- 10 Vicious burglars jailed for 25 years for 'utterly terrifying' raid