Celebrate war heroine Edith Cavell at Holt music workshop
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters and music fans will be able to hear about the creation of a unique composition dedicated to First World War heroine Edith Cavell at a workshop in Holt.
Composer, Patrick Hawes, has been commissioned to write a major new choral and orchestral work called Eventide (In Memoriam Edith Cavell) for adult and children's choirs.
It will be premiered at Norwich Cathedral on Saturday July 12.
Mr Hawes will be presenting a workshop at the Auden Theatre on May 17 between 11am-4pm.
Early bird tickets at just £15 are available until Friday March 28 (£20 normal price) and can be bought by calling 01263 713444 or emailing email@example.com. Under 18s can go for free.
You may also want to watch:
Nurse Edith Cavell was buried in Norwich Cathedral.
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 7 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 8 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 9 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 10 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries