Cathedral funeral for John Peel
The funeral of DJ John Peel will be held on Friday November 12 at 1pm.
The funeral of DJ John Peel will be held next week and will be open to the public, it was announced today.
The service will take place at St Edmundsbury Cathedral in Bury St Edmunds, near his home, next Friday, November 12.
It will be followed by a private family ceremony.
Veteran broadcaster Mr Peel died last week, aged 65, while on holiday in Peru with his wife Sheila.
His body was flown back to Britain on Monday night.
Mr Peel was BBC Radio 1's longest-serving DJ and also presented the Radio 4 programme Home Truths.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 5 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages