Casting announced for Matthew Bourne’s Cinderella production coming to Norwich
- Credit: supplied by Norwich Theatre Royal
Casting has been announced for the return of Matthew Bourne's production of Cinderella to Norwich Theatre Royal.
The dance production will take to the city venue's stage from February 27 to March 3 next year. It sees the classic fairytale set in World War Two, with Cinderella falling in love with a dashing young RAF pilot before they are parted by the horrors of The Blitz.
Matthew Bourne said: 'Cinderella is one of my most heartfelt works and a personal favourite amongst my re-imagined classic stories.
'I'm delighted to have brought together this cast of current star performers, experienced New Adventures veterans and exciting young talent. I'm thrilled to see another generation of company dancers take on this beloved production.'
Sharing the lead role will be Cordelia Braithwaite and Ashley Shaw fresh from playing Victoria Page in Matthew Bourne's previous production, The Red Shoes.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Harry, the heroic pilot who captures Cinderella's heart, will be performed by Dominic North who has played a number of roles for Matthew Bourne including the lead in Edward Scissorhands, Will Bozier who also starred in Edward Scissorhands as well as Wicked in the West End, and Andrew Monaghan who has performed for Matthew Bourne's New Adventures, Birmingham Royal Ballet and the 2012 London Olympics.
Among the other cast members will be Norfolk dancer Reece Causton, a former pupil of Springwood High School, in King's Lynn, and who trained at the Central School of Ballet. He was previously part of the cast of Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake which came to Norwich Theatre Royal in 2013.
- 1 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
Matthew Bourne's Cinderella is at Norwich Theatre Royal from February 27 to March 3 2018. To book, visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call the box office on 01603 630000.