Caroline Flack pulls out of Crazy For You musical ahead of Norwich show
- Credit: Richard Davenport
Caroline Flack has called curtains on Crazy For You musical ahead of performances in Norwich.
The Thetford-born television presenter swapped Love Island for the stage as she took the lead alongside fellow Strictly winner Tom Chambers.
However because of an ongoing back problem, the 37-year-old has been forced to pull out of the production.
Her understudy Hollie Cassar will take on the role of Irene Roth for the performances at Norwich Theatre Royal from October 31 to November 4.
MORE: Tom Chambers on bringing Crazy For You to NorwichCaroline said: 'I've had a wonderful time working on my first theatre tour. I've learned so much and can't wait for my next challenge on the stage. Unfortunately I've had a rather nasty recurring back injury and with just five weeks remaining of my time with the show, I must reluctantly listen to doctor's orders.
'Thankfully I'll be fighting fit again after a few weeks rest. I feel very lucky it's not too serious.'
Crazy for You tells the story of Bobby, a banker sent to close down a failing theatre and who falls for the daughter of the building's proprietor, despite being engaged to the feisty Irene.
Tickets for the show are still available for between £8-£37.50.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 7 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 10 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
For more information contact Norwich Theatre Royal on 01603 630000.