Caroline Flack pulls out of Crazy For You musical ahead of Norwich show
- Credit: Richard Davenport
Caroline Flack has called curtains on Crazy For You musical ahead of performances in Norwich.
The Thetford-born television presenter swapped Love Island for the stage as she took the lead alongside fellow Strictly winner Tom Chambers.
However because of an ongoing back problem, the 37-year-old has been forced to pull out of the production.
Her understudy Hollie Cassar will take on the role of Irene Roth for the performances at Norwich Theatre Royal from October 31 to November 4.
MORE: Tom Chambers on bringing Crazy For You to NorwichCaroline said: 'I've had a wonderful time working on my first theatre tour. I've learned so much and can't wait for my next challenge on the stage. Unfortunately I've had a rather nasty recurring back injury and with just five weeks remaining of my time with the show, I must reluctantly listen to doctor's orders.
'Thankfully I'll be fighting fit again after a few weeks rest. I feel very lucky it's not too serious.'
You may also want to watch:
Crazy for You tells the story of Bobby, a banker sent to close down a failing theatre and who falls for the daughter of the building's proprietor, despite being engaged to the feisty Irene.
Tickets for the show are still available for between £8-£37.50.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 7 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 8 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 9 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 10 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
For more information contact Norwich Theatre Royal on 01603 630000.